Moeresteenweg 141, Adinkerke
The well preserved remains of the fortification of WWI at the Cabour domain are still clearly visible. There are 2,300 m trenches and eight small bunkers. Written sources indicate that the area was reinforced in several phases by Belgian as well as by French troops.
Due to a chronic lack of drinkable water behind the Yser frontline, from 1916 the Belgian government was looking for areas where drinkable water could be collected. This is why the Belgian army started a small water collection in August 1917 on the domain to supplement the British – French supply line coming from the Houlle (F) River. Water collection was carried out through drainage trenches that collected the water in a collector well.