Moeresteenweg 141, Adinkerke
There were several military posts in Adinkerke during WWI. The best-known post was the military field hospital on the Cabour domain, established in April 1915. Dr Paul Derache was the head of the hospital, which consisted of 22 detachable pavilions and had a capacity of 500 beds. The only stone building was used as an operating room. According to reports, 8,246 people were given medical treatment here, including victims of gas attacks and patients of the 1918 flu pandemic.